I came across this white fish with sesame noodles recipe when i was flipping through my latest issue of BBC Goodfood magazine, looking for a quick recipe to try.
It was a quick & easy recipe and looked like the salmon with broccoli noodles recipe that I always make. I made the recipe swapping spinach with Cavolo Nero and using salmon instead of white fish. Only because those were what I had in the fridge.
We all loved it especially the sesame sauce. So I will put my version of the recipe here to come back and do it again and again.
2 x salmon fillet
For the noodles;
100 gr (half pack) soba noodles
2 tablespoons olive oil
150 gr Cavolo Nero or kale, deveined washed, chopped into 2cm wide ribbons and left wet to help cooking
For the sesame sauce;
50 gr sesame seeds toasted
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6
2. Wash, pat dry and place the fish in a oiled oven dish.
3. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
1. Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
1. Cook the noodles as per the pack instructions and once cooked put them in a bowl with cold water to stop cooking.
2. Heat 2 table spoons of olive oil in a frying pan with a lid.
3. Add the chopped cavolo nero to the pan, stir and cook for 2 minutes making sure that the it is evenly coated with the oil in the pan.
4. Put a lid on the pan and leave the cavolo nero to cook on low heat further 5 minutes or more until they are well wilted.
5. Drain the noodles and and add to the pan along with half of the sesame sauce and keep on low heat until the noodles are heated through.
Place the fish on the noodles and dress with a little bit of sauce, leaving the rest of the sauce to serve along with the dish on the side and enjoy!