First post after a long long time is the mexican wedding cookies which became a quick favorite of our 7 year old lately. This is very similar to the cookies my mum used to bake when I was a kid, reminds me of my childhood. The only difference is this one has much less sugar and the addition of walnuts.
125 gr butter softened
25 gr icing sugar + extra icing sugar to coat the cookies
1 teaspoon vanilla
250 gr flour
100 gr chopped walnuts
1. Heat the oven to 200 °C / gas mark 6 and line a baking sheet with parchment.
2. Cream the butter and icing suger with the mixer, stir in vanilla.
3. Mix the flour and and salt and add gradually to the butter mixture while continuing to mix everything with the mixer on lowest setting.
4. Add the chopped walnuts to the mixture and form the dough in a ball by hand adding cold water 1 tablespoons at a time until everything comes together, I usually end up with using 5-6 tablespoons of water.
5. Pull apart small pieces from the dough to form 3cm balls and place these on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12 minutes or just until the cookies turn light golden brown.
7. Remove from the oven and cool slightly. When the cookies are still warm roll tem in icing sugar until evenly coated.
8. Cool cookies completely before serving.