Baked figs with walnut stuffing
250 gr dried figs
250 gr pack of chopped walnuts
50 ml full fat milk for stuffing
200 gr walnut pieces
1 tablespoon caster sugar
200 ml full fat milk
Chopped pistachios for serving
1. Heat the oven to 200C / 180C fan / gas 6.
2. Chop the walnuts finely in a food processor.
3. Add 50ml milk and sugar to the food processor and pulse to combine everything.
4. Cut the tops of the figs so that they have an opening big enough to be able to use a teaspoon to stuff them. (I cut mine about only ½ cm from the top.)
5. Using a teaspoon and your fingers stuff the figs with the walnut mixture and put stuffed figs in an oven proof dish.
6. Add the milk to the figs and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
7. Leave to cool and serve with chopped pistachios.