Sauted Peppers or Biber Kavurma
I made biber kavurma today for lunch in an effort to finish the week old veggies in the fridge.
I make this dish with padron peppers or the turkish peppers called sivri biber that I get from the local Turkish shop. Personally I prefer padron peppers but turkish peppers are just as nice.
12-20 Turkish peppers, sivri biber
3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
Strained or greek yogurt to serve
1. Wash and dry the peppers. You can cut them in to 3 pieces if they are too big.
2. Heat the olive oil in a wide pan. When it is smoking hot add the dried peppers. Be careful as the oil may splash if the peppers are not dried.
3. Turn the heat to medium and saute the peppers turning them every few minutes until the peppers are browned or charred all over.
4. Put the strained yogurt on a serving plate moving the yogurt with a spoon to the sides of plate leaving the centre of the it empty for the peppers.
5. Put the cooked peppers on the serving plate piling them in the centre.
6. Salt the peppers and sprinkle with crushed chilli peppers or pul biber.
7. Pour the olive oil left in the pan over the ring of yogurt around the peppers and serve.