Sardines in crazy water
After making the sea bream in crazy water from bbcgoodfood website and loving it I decided this week it was time to try the same method with Sardines!
I have adjusted the timing a little bit and here is how I made it.
8 sardine fillets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove thinly sliced
4 tablespoons white wine
1 red chilli chopped
400gr cherry tomatoes
I used half red half yellow cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons capers roughly chopped
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Olive oil to drizzle
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Heat olive oil in a large pan with a lid.
2. Fry sardines in moderate heat 4 minutes skinside first and turning them over after 2 minutes.
3. Add garlic in the pan and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Add wine, water and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Take the fish on a serving plate, leaving the sauce in the pan.
6. Add capers and most of parsley to the pan (leave about a teaspoon of the parsley to use as garnish). Bring to boil and reduce for 2 minutes.
7. Add reduced tomato sauce to the fish in serving plate and drizzle olive oil, garnish with remaining parsley.
Enjoy with a side of green salad!