I am trying increase the quantity and varity of the vegetables we are eating. When I saw this photo I thought I should definitely try it. So I did, but I changed the recipe slightly when cooking. Here's how I have made it.
Ingredients for 2
4 baby fennels,
Trim off the tops and keep aside
Trim the bottoms as thin as possible then cut into 2 lengthwise making sure each half stays intact.
Vegetable stock - enough to cover the fennels in the pan
8 heaped teaspoons Parmesan cheese - grated
1. Put the fennels in a pan and add enough vegetable stock to cover the fennels.
2. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Take the fennels off the pan and put them in an ovenproof dish.
4. Add 1 cup of the vegetable stock to the fennels.
5. Top each fennel with a heaped teaspoon of cheese.
6. Season and grill on high until fennels are golden brown but not burned.
7. Garnish with the tops and a drizzle of olive oil.