Poached egg with chorize, potato and tomato
On Saturday afternoon I made this poached egg with chorizo, tomato, chilli and potato dish using the ingredients we had in the fridge. I fried the potatoes as we were so hungry and could not wait to boil them. It would be lighter and healthier if the potatoes are boiled.
Serves - 2
Ready in 20 minutes
3 medium potatoes cubed
Sunflower oil to fry the potatoes
1/2 Chorizo ring (100 gr) - sliced 1cm thick
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 chilli - chopped
10 small wine tomatoes - quartered
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 teaspoon white vine vinegar
Salt and pepper for seasoning
1. Season the potatoes with a pinch of salt and fry in the sunflower oil for 2-3 minutes and put them on a plate lined with kitchen towel and leave aside.
2. Boil water in the kettle and put it in a pan with the white wine vinegar and simmer in medium heat.
3. Put the olive oil in a pan and once it is hot add the chilli and chorizo and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and continue cooking turning the tomatoes until both sides of the tomatoes are charred for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Crack one of the eggs in a ramekin or a cup.
5. Create a gentle whirlpool in the simmering water in the pan and slowly tip the egg in the water, white first. leave to cook for 3 minutes.
6. Remove the egg with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen towel and poach the other egg.
7. While the last egg is poaching season the chorizo mixture and divide between 2 plates and put the potatoes on top.
8. Put 1 egg on top of the other ingredients and sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy.